Posted to dev@training.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2020/01/07 10:41:09 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release the parent, resources and archetype ASAP?

Hi all,

in order to really use the changes I just pushed, we should probably fine tune them (especially the CSS and static resources) and do a first release soon.
Otherwise other presentations can’t be released based on them.

Chris

Re: [DISCUSS] Release the parent, resources and archetype ASAP?

Posted by Lars Francke <la...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, I was unclear: Releasing tools/archetypes etc. definitely makes
sense, I shouldn't have "hijacked" this thread.

I was talking about content itself. Justin has some excellent points as to
why it makes sense to also release that.

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 8:22 AM Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>

Posted by Lars Francke <la...@gmail.com>.
I don't have a strong opinion but I'm not sure we even need releases for
the content.
Various websites are also just updated without a release process -
including apache.org itself.

I'm not a big fan on voting for releases every time we fix a typo but I'm
not sure if the other extreme - no releases - is any better...

Posted by Ryan Skraba <ry...@skraba.com>.
Hello!