Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> on 2006/07/23 16:19:39 UTC

james svn repository and maven projects/modules

I've been able to create a maven2-skin for the current proposal
(http://people.apache.org/~bago/james/site-20060723/).

The creation of a skin will allow me to remove all of the duplicate code
I put in site, server and jspf repositories (css and images).

Where should I put this code?

I assigned it the groupId "org.apache.james" and the artifactId
"maven-skin".

Should I create a maven-skin folder in the root of the james repository?

Stefano

PS: can we remove the tags/trunk/branches folder from the root of james
repository?

Re: james svn repository and maven projects/modules

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Under site/ would be my suggestion.

That's ok to me but then I should move the current pom.xml/src folder
for the main project site generation to site/project/ or
site/james-project and create a site/maven-skin folder.

>> Should I create a maven-skin folder in the root of the james repository?
>
> Did you not understand when I asked that no one change anything in the root
> of the repository unless told that the mailer has been modified to allow it?

Isn't "Should...?" a question? ;-)
Can't we change the notification to work automatically on the full james
tree without having to use single notifications for the subfolders? We
have few products and we agreed that we want to share the team for our
products... so why not? This would allow to have all the james commit in
a single list and all the notifications automatically handled.

Stefano

RE: james svn repository and maven projects/modules

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Stefano Bagnara wrote:

> The creation of a skin will allow me to remove all of the duplicate code
> I put in site, server and jspf repositories (css and images).

> Where should I put this code?

Under site/ would be my suggestion.

> Should I create a maven-skin folder in the root of the james repository?

Did you not understand when I asked that no one change anything in the root
of the repository unless told that the mailer has been modified to allow it?

> can we remove the tags/trunk/branches folder from the root of james
> repository?

I'd say so, yes.  I do not know of any intent or reason to use them.  The
{ttb} structure goes with each releasable artifact, and I don't know of
anything that would be a global releasable from JAMES.

	--- Noel