Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@cup.hp.com> on 2001/10/23 17:56:08 UTC

Re: Developing with Avalon

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001 09:41:44 -0400, Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>
wrote:

> I have successfully gotten the Avalon documentation transformed into
> PDF.  There are a couple caviats though, that I don't have time to
> resolve right now:
>
> I have not generated the Table of Contents yet (a future excercise),
> and I cannot import images into the document due to unpredictable base
> addresses.  All the important information is there, and it comes out
> to a meager 52 pages (did I write all that?).
>
> For anyone listening on the cocoon list, I would appreciate help in
> telling FOP to find the external graphics.  If anyone has clues that
> help, let me know.  Enclosed is what the PDF looks like (zipped up).

Good work, Berin!

I like the approach of converting from stylebook to docbook, as I can publish
my stylebook documents without any painful manual conversion.

Since publishing documents this way will become more common in the future,
would it be possible to have the stylesheets as part of Cocoon directly? This
way we maintain a single source for the stylesheets, instead of each project
having a copy of them.

Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@cup.hp.com>
http://orion.rgv.hp.com/ (inside HP's firewall only)
http://sourceforge.net/users/ovidiu/ (my SourceForge page)