Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Adam Sherman <ad...@tritus.ca> on 2003/10/15 02:58:04 UTC

javax.wsdl

Good Day,

I am currently setting up a build environment for a project that will use
axis for producing a SOAP service. In trying to keep out of Jar Hell, I
avoid blindly copying libs from the tools I rely on.

I'm attempting to use the SUN provided API jars for javax.*, with
implementations coming from various places. In trying to run the java2wsdl
Ant task I notice that it refers to "javax.wsdl", which I believe does not
officially exist.

Am I correct? Would it be useful for me to refactor the code to use the
package names provided in the current WSDP from SUN?

Thank you,

A.

--
Adam Sherman
Tritus CG Inc

Re: javax.wsdl

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
Adam Sherman wrote:
> Good Day,
>
> I am currently setting up a build environment for a project that will
> use axis for producing a SOAP service. In trying to keep out of Jar
> Hell, I avoid blindly copying libs from the tools I rely on.

seems reasonable, provided all your versions are in sync. Axis has the
javax interfaces in CVS, and was built against its local copy (so is in
perfect sync with our version).

> I'm attempting to use the SUN provided API jars for javax.*, with
> implementations coming from various places. In trying to run the
> java2wsdl Ant task I notice that it refers to "javax.wsdl", which I
> believe does not officially exist.

its in wsdl4j, which is from the IBM managed JCP for wsdl. So in terms
of sun released code, no, it doesnt officially exist. but in terms of
JCP community code, it is legit.

http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=110
http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/projects/wsdl4j

The JWSDL Spec is there, and it covers java.wsdl.*

> Am I correct? Would it be useful for me to refactor the code to use the
> package names provided in the current WSDP from SUN?

I think we will stay aligned with the JCP, barring anything unexpected.

-Steve