Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2014/08/22 22:47:13 UTC

Release Management

On Wed, 20 Aug 2014 16:35:34 +0100
Ben Reser <be...@reser.org> wrote:

> I'd do the rolling myself but I'm not 100% clear on what needs to
> happen.  So if someone can do a little hand holding I'll be happy to
> do the release myself. I'm generally familiar with how the ASF does
> releases since I do the Subversion release regularly.  So this would
> be entirely about the specifics of rolling the release.

The instructions at http://httpd.apache.org/dev/release.html have been
refreshed now.

I'd encourage anyone who wants to cut their teeth at RM'ing to think
about the 2.5.x alpha/beta branch.  It's a good way to become familiar
with the whole process and shouldn't be at all intimidating.  Hopefully,
we'll have enough meat in that branch to make a dev release sometime
soon.  (I realize that much of the meaty goodness has been backported
to 2.4.x, but at some point they will eventually diverge enough to move
forward toward 2.6).