Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Steven Woolley <st...@wustl.edu> on 2008/01/27 00:32:17 UTC

T5: How to do partial page rendering on my own beyond 5.0.6?

I was using code posted to the list (see http://www.nabble.com/T5%3A-
Partial-Page-Rendering-td12179365.html) for partial page rendering.
It worked wonderfully.  I could even render components that contain
forms or grids.  However, starting with 5.0.7, PageRenderInitializer
is gone (it wasn't internal either, mind you).  That's all well and
good, except I have no clue how to accomplish this in anything since
5.0.6.  Zones look promising, except they don't work with forms (or
grids from what I've seen).  So, is there any middle ground?  I'd
like to move up to newer versions, but this is a showstopper...

PageRenderInitializer initializer;

basically, it is just the
initializer.setup(markupWriter);

and
initializer.cleanup(markupWriter);

methods that were being used...  but it seems like there must be a
way to still do this?

Steve