Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2021/02/18 13:48:16 UTC

Releasing Wagon

Hello,
there are issues on GitHub Actions that could be mitigated/fixed with a new
release of Wagon Wheel.

There is only this fix, about upgrading Http Client dependencies
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/WAGON/versions/12349719

The problem is described here
https://github.com/apache/maven-wagon/pull/76

The problem is

   - fix for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCORE-634
   which is causing artifact download failures with error messages such as
   "Could not transfer artifact groupId:artifact:1.2.3 from/to central (
   https://repo1.maven.org/maven2): Entry
   [id:1280][route:{s}->https://repo1.maven.org:443][state:null] has not
   been leased from this pool"

I know that it is not so much stuff for a release, but we will help users
on GitHub Actions (and many Apache projects that are migrating to GH
Actions)

I can make the release, but before starting the process I would like to see
the opinion for the community ?

It would be great to have a Maven Core release as well after releasing
Wagon (otherwise upgrading Wagon will be nasty), but this out of the scope
of this thread

Shall I proceed with the release ?

Enrico

Re: Releasing Wagon