Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Alok Bhandari <al...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/03 13:46:24 UTC

How negative queries are handled with edismax parser?

Hello,

I am using and edismax parser, when I query for

*- *  it returns 0 results but if I use lucene parser then I get all docs
from the index. So want to know how exactly edismax handles this query and
is it related to negative query? Please let me know.I am using solr 3.6

Re: How negative queries are handled with edismax parser?

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Have you looked at the results with &debugQuery=on? I admit it takes a while
to get the hang of reading the debug output, but it will probably give
you a good
idea of what's going on

Best
Erick