Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Alexey Goncharuk <al...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/13 15:09:51 UTC

Re: IGNITE-4188, savepoints with atomic cache?

Igniters,

Bumping up this discussion. The fix has been implemented and it is fine
from the technical point of view, but since the fix did not make it to the
Ignite 2.0, the implemented fix [1] now will be a breaking change for
current Ignite users.

I see the following options:
1) Have the fix merged, but do not change the defaults - atomic caches will
still be allowed in transactions by default and only configuration change
will make Ignite throw exceptions in this case
2) Have the fix merged as is and describe this change in the release notes
3) Postpone the fix until Ignite 3.0

I would vote for option #1 and change only the defaults in Ignite 3.0.

Thoughts?

Posted by Dmitrii Ryabov <so...@gmail.com>.
Ok, go #1. I'll create ticket for defaults change and make appropriate
changes in current PR with link to new ticket.

Posted by Dmitry Karachentsev <dk...@gridgain.com>.

Posted by Ivan Rakov <iv...@gmail.com>.
+1 to Eduard.

Posted by Eduard Shangareev <ed...@gmail.com>.
Guys,

Posted by Dmitrii Ryabov <so...@gmail.com>.
Vote for #2. I think no one will change this defaults in configuration in
#1.

Posted by Anton Vinogradov <av...@apache.org>.