Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by cbo19 <cb...@student.canterbury.ac.nz> on 2003/06/22 05:05:08 UTC

Xpath Query "//*"

Hi,

When displaying all the document contents to the output stream using an
xpath query //*, and using a resource iterator, it is printing a copy of
each document twice. It looks like debugging output. The build being
used is from the a CVS download on Friday 20th june. Is there a way to
turn this off? ie. where in the source code can I change this? I can't
find the src code for the org.xmldb.api....

Cheers
Carl.

Multiple levels of collections using embed driver

Posted by "David J. Thomson" <dt...@eecs.tufts.edu>.
Hello,

I'm trying to create multiple levels of collections, but the database
manager returns null each time I try something like this:

DatabaseManager.getCollection("xmldb:xindice-embed:///db/Thread/Source");

Any ideas?

TIA,

David

RE: Xpath Query "//*"

Posted by Kevin Ross <Ke...@iVerticalLeap.com>.
Every doc twice?  Wouldn't the output of this be every element in every
document once?  If you want all docs in a collection, I believe '/*'
would suffice.

If your sure this isn't an xpath misunderstanding, please create a
simple junit test to add your sample doc, query it, and check for the
appropriate output.

Once that is done, please file a bug in bugzilla so we make sure your
hard work doesn't go to waste.

Thanks,

Kevin Ross