Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Anshuk Pal Chaudhuri <an...@zencode.guru> on 2018/04/19 09:22:21 UTC

[users@httpd] Server Configuration

 Need your suggestion on setting up an web application and REST api in
server.

Currently there are 3 applications like as below

1. User web application - Running on node.js - port 3389 / universal react
application
2. Admin web application - Running on apache - port 8080 / laravel
3. Rest Api for user application - Running on apache -  port 8080 / laravel

Currently we load the applications like as below

*User Application:- *
www.xyz.com:3389
www. xyz .com:3389/help
www. xyz .com:3389/landlord-intro

*Admin Application:-*
www.xyz.com/app/admin

*REST Api routes:-*
GET http://xyz/app/country?id=1
GET http://xyz/app/location

For loading the user application without port number , we tried to set
proxy pass in apach conf like as below

<Location / >
ProxyPass  http://127.0.0.1:3389/
ProxyPassReverse http://127.0.0.1:3389/
</Location>

<Location /app/admin >
ProxyPass  http://127.0.0.1:8080/app/admin/
ProxyPassReverse http://127.0.0.1:8080/app/admin/
</Location>

Now the after restarting the apache , we are able to access user
application without using port number but unable to access the admin
application and also we need to know how to proxy pass rest API's from
client.