Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Anjan Rao <an...@techsar.com> on 2001/07/25 22:17:33 UTC

Can't run tests remotely...

hi,
	I am trying to run JMeter in the remote mode. I got it all set up. My
client here is showing the remote Start menu tab. I opened a test that runs
locally and tried to run it remotely.
I get the following exception:
=========
Going to compile the threadgroups
Adding a threadgroup
Starting the test
java.rmi.MarshalException: error marshalling arguments; nested exception is:
        java.io.NotSerializableException:
org.apache.jmeter.control.GenericController
java.io.NotSerializableException:
org.apache.jmeter.control.GenericController
        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.outputObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:1148)
        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:366)
        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.outputClassFields(ObjectOutputStream.java:1841)
        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.defaultWriteObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:480)
        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.outputObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:1214)
        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:366)
        at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.marshalValue(UnicastRef.java:268)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.engine.RemoteJMeterEngineImpl_Stub.addThreadGroup(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine.addThreadGroupsToRemote(ClientJM
eterEngine.java:168)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine.runTest(ClientJMeterEngine.java:
120)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.gui.action.RemoteStart.startEngine(RemoteStart.java:149)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.gui.action.RemoteStart.doAction(RemoteStart.java:125)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.gui.action.ActionRouter.actionPerformed(ActionRouter.java:
94)
        at
javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1450)
        at
javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(AbstractButto
n.java:1504)
        at
javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:3
78)
        at
javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:250)
        at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:279)
        at
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$MouseInputHandler.mouseReleased(Basic
MenuItemUI.java:886)
        at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:3717)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:2595)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1213)
        at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:2451)
        at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:2216)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:2125)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1200)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEvent(EventDispatchThread.java:103)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:84)

========

	I would like to know how to get around this problem? Thanks for the same.

Cheers,
Anjan