Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Conny Krappatsch <co...@smb-tec.com> on 2001/02/01 10:17:09 UTC

Re: Big problem with Saxon and Cocoon and esql

On Tue, 30 Jan 2001 15:42:09 -0500 (EST)
Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Marco Spinetti wrote:
>
> > On my terminal I obtain:
>
> > Error at xsl:template on line -1 of

jar:file:/usr/local/cocoon-1.8/build/cocoon.jar!/org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/sql/esql.xsl:
> > The match pattern in xsl:template may not contain references to
> > variables
> > In the repositary no file .java is generated.
> > Where is the error?
>
> the error appears to be in esql.xsl. i think saxon is complaining about
> this template:
>
> <xsl:template
> match="xsp:page/*[not(namespace-uri(.)=$xsp-namespace-uri)]">
>
> that's easy enough to work around, we can just put the expression in an
> xsl:if element, but i honestly think saxon is in error here. i'll
> investigate and find out.

I thought the same, but I read XSLT spec again and Saxon seems to be
right.

Re: Big problem with Saxon and Cocoon and esql

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Conny Krappatsch wrote:

> I thought the same, but I read XSLT spec again and Saxon seems to be
> right.
> >From XSLT 1.0, 5.3:
> "It is an error for the value of the match attribute to contain a
> VariableReference."
>
> (This seems to be the case for all 'match' attributes and some more.)

well hell. thanks for the tip.

- donald