Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Sam Lee <sa...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2022/04/07 05:06:56 UTC

Apache Solr on FreeBSD

Does Apache Solr work out of the box on FreeBSD? Does the Solr project
officially support running Solr on FreeBSD? Or is Solr only for Linux,
macOS, and Windows?

Re: Apache Solr on FreeBSD

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
I don't think we have official nightly tests on FreeBSD, and no install-script support.
So the risk is that e.g. bin/solr start script may be more likely to have bugs than on linux.
However, many devs use macOS which is BSD based, and the start scripts support that...
As long as you have a current Java JRE, you should be fine with the java parts.

Seems like there is an official "port" for solr at https://www.freshports.org/textproc/apache-solr/ <https://www.freshports.org/textproc/apache-solr/> to make up for the lack of install script. Have not tested it though.

Jan