Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Janene McCrillis <Ja...@natureserve.org> on 2007/08/31 00:57:29 UTC

Transferring results from ServletFileUpload

I have implemented a ServletFileUpload for my web application, using the
example from here:

http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2003/06/25/commons.html?page=3

I need to get the data that was read from the file back into my original
html web page. It's currently stored in memory in an attribute that has
been passed between 2 jsp's in my tiny servlet. I activated the servlet
via a link on my webpage like so:

function popupExternal( linkURL )

{

var winprop = 'width=460,height=
350,resizable=1,scrollbars=0,toolbar=1,navigation=1';

{

   PopWindow = window.open(linkURL, 'externalPopup', winprop);

   PopWindow.focus();

}

.

.

.

.

<a
href="javascript:popupExternal('http://localhost:8022/FileUploadFromClie
nt')"> Upload File of Names </href>

I'm certainly not married to this method, but it was an easy start. I've
been trying to avoid having to add full-up Struts to my application as
this is the only thing I'm using a separate servlet for, right now. I do
feel like I'm missing something obvious... perhaps using a form instead?
I'm a JSP/servlet newbie, obviously.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Janene