Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Gene Campbell <ge...@yahoo.com> on 2002/10/16 22:34:10 UTC

GenericDataSource.close() hangs? Any ideas?

I've searced the web and archives without luck.
Using 1.0.2 Struts, Java 1.3.1

My code obtains java.sql.Connection objects from a
GenericDataSource object, and then tries to close the
GenericDataSource object (without first closing the
Connection objects.)  It hangs/blocks on the close()
call.

I thought the close call would close the connections?
I don't think my code should have to call close on the
connections, as they are part of a pool, and should be
managed by the pool.

Thoughts?  Am I using the pool incorrectly?

thanks - gene