Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by aa...@rsa.com on 2012/05/22 17:41:02 UTC

JDOM XPath does not work with Axis

Hi,

I tried both JDOM and now JDOM2.

For JDOM2,
XPathFactory xpfac = XPathFactory.instance();
XPathExpression xp = xpfac.compile("//foo/bar");

The xp is null.

For JDOM,
XPath xp = XPath.newInstance("//foo/bar");
The xp is null.

Both work in the simple java application.

I tried to putting the JDOM jar in webapps/axis2/WEB-INF/lib along with Jaxen - doesn't do a thing.
Any ideas?

Best regards,

-a

RE: JDOM XPath does not work with Axis

Posted by aa...@rsa.com.
My application uses JDOM. I've asked the list hoping someone had the same problem and was more successful than me finding a solution. I suspect that at the problem is related to the way jaxen is loaded.

Axis2 doesn't use JDOM, so it is not clear how your question is related to Axis2.

Andreas

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.