Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Gian Maria Ricci <al...@nablasoft.com> on 2013/03/18 18:47:20 UTC

how to deploy customization in solr that requires dependency

Hi to everyone,

I want to deploy a custom filter developed in java to Solr4, my problem is
that it requires to access Sql Server, so it depends from sqljdbc4.jar, but
I got a java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

I've copied the sqljdbc.jar file in the c:\tomcat\lib directory but it does
not work. So I've modified solrconfig.xml to load sqljdbc4.jar and now it
works, but I think that is a bettere solution to configure in some base
Tomcat directory instead in solrcfg.xml file of all cores. My question is,
where I can configure Tomcat to make sqljdbc4.jar available to every
customization filter in solar without referencing it directly in
solrcfg.xml?

I'm a .NET developer, so I'm not really familiar with TomCat and Java, and
surely I'm missing some configuration to modify.

Thanks to everyone.

Gian Maria

Re: How to share config files in SolrCloud between multiple cores(collections)

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.
On 3/20/2013 1:28 PM, Li, Qiang wrote:
> I just want to share the solrconfig.xml and schema.xml. As there should be differences between collections for other files, such as the DIH's configurations.

I believe that SolrCloud treats each config set as a completely separate
entity, with no ability to share files.  Unless you're dealing with a
very large number of different config combinations, dealing with
multiple config sets should not be too bad.  Also, it is possible to
provide any part of the config for DIH as parameters on the URL that
starts the import, so it might be possible to come up with one
dataimport config that will work for multiple collections.

It would probably be possible to share certain files between config sets
by patching Solr's source code, but I doubt that it would be easy to
implement, and a major change like that would require extensive testing
before it would be allowed in a released version.

Thanks,
Shawn

RE: How to share config files in SolrCloud between multiple cores(collections)

Posted by "Li, Qiang" <Qi...@msci.com>.
I just want to share the solrconfig.xml and schema.xml. As there should be differences between collections for other files, such as the DIH's configurations.

To share configs in SolrCloud you just upload a single config set and then link it to multiple collections. You don't actually use solr.xml to do it.

- Mark

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.

RE: how to deploy customization in solr that requires dependency

Posted by Gian Maria Ricci <al...@nablasoft.com>.
Thanks to everyone, now I have a clearer understanding of  where to put my
jar dependencies.

Gian Maria.

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.

Posted by Dmitry Kan <so...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

See here, might help:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPlugins#How_to_Load_Plugins

We don't use multicore functionality of SOLR, so we decided to bundle SOLR
dependencies into the war file of the solr web app.

Regards,

Dmitry