Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Michael J Asbridge <mi...@uk.ibm.com> on 2002/10/07 13:11:12 UTC

what is the messagerouter servlet - instructions didn't tell me to set one up did they?

Hi

I am setting up apache soap rpcrouter and messagerouter servlets in web
sphere - all works fine except:

I point browser at: http://localhost:port/soap/servlet/rpcrouter
and I get the page that tells me that router doesn't use post command - all
well and good.

Then I point at: http://localhost:port/soap/servlet/messagerouter

and this time I get the defautl html page....

I did not set up a messagerouter servlet and there was no instruction for
doing so in the instructions....?

Michael

Re: what is the messagerouter servlet - instructions didn't tell me to set one up did they?

Posted by ni...@borwankar.com.

>>Hi
>>
>>I am setting up apache soap rpcrouter and messagerouter servlets in
>>

>web
>

>>sphere - all works fine except:
>>
>>I point browser at: http://localhost:port/soap/servlet/rpcrouter
>>and I get the page that tells me that router doesn't use post
>>

>command - all

It should say it doesn't accept a GET command which is what pointing the
browser would do.

It SHOULD accept the POST command - all SOAP messages are HTTP POST
messages, correct ?

Nitin Borwankar.

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
I am not certain exactly what instructions you are following.  I know
that the soap.war file contains a web.xml that both rpcrouter and
messagerouter servlets.  Things work as expected on my Tomcat-based
deployments (sorry, I don't have WebSphere.)

Scott Nichol