Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Pablo Reiche <ja...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/17 18:40:01 UTC

Speech recognition with Open Office?

Thank you very much for these great tools. At least i have installed
AndroidOpenOffice on my tablet. With my tablet i have learned that the
speech recognition is working well (sorry, services of google). Is it
possible to integrate speech recognition in Open Office?

Re: Speech recognition with Open Office?

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
On Tuesday, March 17, 2015 10:40:01 AM Pablo Reiche wrote:
> Thank you very much for these great tools. At least i have installed
> AndroidOpenOffice on my tablet. With my tablet i have learned that the
> speech recognition is working well (sorry, services of google). Is it
> possible to integrate speech recognition in Open Office?

There are Speech recognition software available for each OS, have you tried
them on AOO?

We don't provide speech recognition technology but often these projects target
us as a core application to support. An example for example is screen readers
and OpenOffice and Firefox are some of the core applications to support.

EvalDictator is an example, written in Java, it usually helpful for all
applications on your desktop including OpenOffice:
http://www.speech.cs.cmu.edu/sphinx/dictator/

There are others like Julius and Kaldi. All these are open source.