Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by jimtronic <ji...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/12 22:46:22 UTC

dataimporter.last_index_time SolrCloud

My data-config files use the dataimporter.last_index_time variable, but it
seems to have stopped working when I upgraded to 4.2.

In previous 4.x versions, I saw that it was being written to zookeeper, but
now there's nothing there.

Did anything change? Or should I be doing something differently?

Thanks!
Jim

Re: dataimporter.last_index_time SolrCloud

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Is this a bug? I can create the ticket in Jira if it is, but it's not clear
: to me what should be happening.

It certainly sounds like it, but i too am not certian what is actaully
suppose to be happening here, or why it changed.

Please open a jira with the details of your DIH requestHandler config, as
well as your data-config.xml, and what you see in your instance dir &
zookeeper before and after running an import (ie: do you already have a
dataimport.properties on disk or in ZK? does it get created automaticly in
on disk or in zk? what do the contents look like before and after each
run? etc...)

-Hoss

Re: dataimporter.last_index_time SolrCloud

Posted by jimtronic <ji...@gmail.com>.
Is this a bug? I can create the ticket in Jira if it is, but it's not clear
to me what should be happening.

I noticed that if it is using the value set in the home directory, but that
value does not get updated, so my imports get slower and slower.

I guess I could create a cron job to update that time, but this seems kind
of wonky.

Posted by William Bell <bi...@gmail.com>.
Same issue here. Also in the file there is multiple last index times for
each entity and we cannot reference the individual anymore.

DIH.entity1.last_index_time does not pass through to the query anymore.

On Friday, April 12, 2013, jimtronic wrote:

> My data-config files use the dataimporter.last_index_time variable, but it
> seems to have stopped working when I upgraded to 4.2.
>
> In previous 4.x versions, I saw that it was being written to zookeeper, but
> now there's nothing there.
>
> Did anything change? Or should I be doing something differently?
>
> Thanks!
> Jim

Bill Bell
billnbell@gmail.com