Posted to marketing@couchdb.apache.org by Andy Wenk <an...@apache.org> on 2014/02/25 23:40:46 UTC

Suggested structure for new wiki (WIP)

Hi all,

I have started to think about a good structure for the new cwiki. I invite
you to wokr on it here:

https://couchdb.hackpad.com/CouchDB-cwiki-main-structure-KOeqgwaJGqQ

I think it is really important to have a good structure so that we will not
slither in bunch of unstructured pages. And it should help people to find
stuff fast.

Thoughts?

Cheers

Andy

--
Andy Wenk
Hamburg - Germany

Re: Suggested structure for new wiki (WIP)

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@nms.de>.
Hi all,

I have setup the proposed structure. You are welcome to comment. Please
have a look here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/

I have created a template which includes the usual message on top with the
info of how to becoming a contributor to the wiki. So when creating a new
page, please follow these steps:

* login
* go to https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/
* click on CREATE in the top navigation
* choose the template "standard content with contributor info"
* create your content

I have also transferred a first page

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Committer+First+Steps

Add ing the code examples is simple:

* start to write {code and choose "Code block" form the popup
* add your code inside

You can find some info also here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Code+Block+Macro

Next Steps
----------------

We can now start to transfer the content. We should carefully read the
stuff we transfer and clean stuff. So here's a list with some suggested
tasks:

* check if we are setup and if we can ask the community to help
* Question: should we move all existing users (contributor group) to cwiki?
* write some help / instructions for how to add content
* ask the community to help
* move the content from moin moin to cwiki with cleanup
* blank out pages where content has moved and insert a link to the new
content
* update projects emails in coudhb-admin.git
* update couchdb.org

So let's get running :)

Cheers

Andy

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@nms.de>.
I suggest to start with the structure Alex defined here:
http://piratepad.net/n0pfiqDD9W

It's clear and concise. if we have to change things, we can do it as we go

Thanks a lot Alex

Cheers

Andy

On 28 February 2014 00:40, Andy Wenk <an...@nms.de> wrote:

> you are unbelievable awesome ... gimme a chance to check this tomorrow
> although it looks pretty perfect :)
>

> On 27 February 2014 19:38, Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 10:37 PM, Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hey Ben, Andy,
>> >
>> > I just rewrote everything. Check it up.
>> > --
>> > ,,,^..^,,,
>>
>> Fixed.
>>
>> --
>> ,,,^..^,,,
>>

> --
> Andy Wenk
> Hamburg - Germany
> RockIt!
>
> http://www.couchdb-buch.de
> http://www.pg-praxisbuch.de

Andy Wenk
Hamburg - Germany
RockIt!

http://www.couchdb-buch.de
http://www.pg-praxisbuch.de

Re: Suggested structure for new wiki (WIP)

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@nms.de>.

--
Andy Wenk
Hamburg - Germany

http://www.couchdb-buch.de
http://www.pg-praxisbuch.de

Re: Suggested structure for new wiki (WIP)

Posted by Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 10:37 PM, Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Ben, Andy,
>
> I just rewrote everything. Check it up.
> --
> ,,,^..^,,,

Fixed.

--
,,,^..^,,,

Re: Suggested structure for new wiki (WIP)

Posted by Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com>.
Hey Ben, Andy,

I just wrote everything. Check it up.
--
,,,^..^,,,

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@nms.de>.
I have done some updating ...

On 26 February 2014 17:47, Andy Wenk <an...@nms.de> wrote:

> Hi Benjamin,
>
> ah damn it - I forgot, that you need an account. So I moved the structure
> to PratePad:
>
> http://piratepad.net/n0pfiqDD9W
>
> Looking forward to further work on this :)
>
> Cheers
>
> Andy
>

> On 26 February 2014 17:39, Benjamin Young <by...@bigbluehat.com> wrote:
>
>> Great start, Andy! Sadly, hackpad.com won't let me in to edit
>> it...despite my having an account.
>>
>> Does the Apache Foundation run an etherpad instance?
>>
>> http://piratepad.net is a pretty stable one, fwiw.
>>
>> Thanks for getting this started, Andy!
>> Benjamin
>>

>> On 2/25/14, 5:40 PM, Andy Wenk wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I have started to think about a good structure for the new cwiki. I
>>> invite
>>> you to wokr on it here:
>>>
>>> https://couchdb.hackpad.com/CouchDB-cwiki-main-structure-KOeqgwaJGqQ
>>>
>>> I think it is really important to have a good structure so that we will
>>> not
>>> slither in bunch of unstructured pages. And it should help people to find
>>> stuff fast.
>>>
>>> Thoughts?
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Andy
>>>

> --
> Andy Wenk
> Hamburg - Germany
> RockIt!
>
> http://www.couchdb-buch.de
> http://www.pg-praxisbuch.de

Andy Wenk
Hamburg - Germany
RockIt!

http://www.couchdb-buch.de
http://www.pg-praxisbuch.de

Re: Suggested structure for new wiki (WIP)

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@nms.de>.
Hi Benjamin,

--
Andy Wenk
Hamburg - Germany

http://www.couchdb-buch.de
http://www.pg-praxisbuch.de

Re: Suggested structure for new wiki (WIP)

Posted by Benjamin Young <by...@bigbluehat.com>.