Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Dmitry Amelchenko <dm...@hotmail.com> on 2003/11/16 20:33:27 UTC

build with maven

Hi,
i've downloaded the Jetspeed and trying to build it with maven. I'm pretty
new to maven but like the concepts a lot and would really like to get the
jetspeed build working with maven as well as with ant.

Unfortunately it's not as easy as it seems.
I'm running into the problems like:
Attempting to download activation-1.0.1.jar.
WARNING: Failed to download activation-1.0.1.jar.
Attempting to download javamail-1.2.jar.
WARNING: Failed to download javamail-1.2.jar.
Attempting to download jaxp-1.2.jar.
WARNING: Failed to download jaxp-1.2.jar.
Attempting to download jdbc-2.0.jar.
WARNING: Failed to download jdbc-2.0.jar.
Attempting to download jndi-1.2.1.jar.
WARNING: Failed to download jndi-1.2.1.jar.
Attempting to download stratum-1.0-b4-dev.jar.
WARNING: Failed to download stratum-1.0-b4-dev.jar.
Attempting to download uddi4j-1.0.jar.
WARNING: Failed to download uddi4j-1.0.jar.
The build cannot continue because of the following unsatisfied dependencies:

Before posting here i've looked around at the maven's user list as well as
the jetspeed's one. There are a lot of similar problems discussed, but non
of them gives the solution other then configuring custom or remote
repository for those jars.
I'm definately going to do so if that's the only option, i'm just curiouse,
how is it done by jspeed developpers -- i've got the distribution i'm
assuming people use as is, but could not find any explicit references to the
remote or local repository configuration other then ibiblio (the one that
misses the desired jars because of licensing issues). Also, what's confuses
me is that all these jars maven complains about are part of the jetspeed
download.
Is there an easier way to point to those jars rather then configuring the
repository (maybe it is a repository already -- how do i use it then)?
I'm i missing something? Sorry if the question is too obviouse, just trying
to get up to speed as quickly as possible.

Thank you.

RE: build with maven

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
You might want to look at Eclipse as an IDE. WE are using it with Jetspeed 1
and it works very nicely with ANT and CVS.
I have not yet tried Jetspeed 2 and Maven. Perhaps some of the more
experienced developers can comment on Eclipse and Maven.
Eclipse makes the structure of your project easier to follow and handles the
CVS side extremely well.

Ron