Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "ir. ing. Jan Dockx" <ja...@mac.com> on 2005/11/28 16:21:54 UTC

dependency scopes

I don't understand the dependency scope mechanism. Therefor, I created
a page in the Wiki to get this sorted out.

<http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Dependency+Scopes>

In the first version of this page, I am trying to make sense of
different sources about the topic. This means the information here is
not correct per definition! The intention of this page is to get it
correct and clear, so please, if you do know something about dependency
scopes, change the nonsense there

Re: dependency scopes

Posted by Geoffrey <jc...@hotmail.com>.
I think I have a little bit of a similar problem (need for an assembly
scope) in m2:
I have a dependency on acegi-security 0.9.0 (and spring 1.2.6),
but acegi has many dependencies needed to compile, but that I don't need
at runtime because I don't use all of acegi's classes.

Exclusions works, but the list is very long and I need to set it again
for acegi-tiger. If I ever would need one of those libraries, I can add
it with a runtime scope, so is it possible to say "exclude all"?

--
With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet