Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jeff Greif <jg...@alumni.princeton.edu> on 2002/09/20 19:23:32 UTC

Possible http header generation bug in WSIF Apache Axis provider

I access the same webservice (the getSummary operation of
http://live.capescience.com/wsdl/AirportWeather.wsdl ) using the
WSIFDynamicProvider for Apache SOAP provider and the WSIFDynamicProvider for
Apache Axis.  The SOAP provider generates an HTTP header for SOAPAction:
  SOAPAction: "capeconnect:AirportWeather:Station#getSummary"\r\n
while the Axis provider generates
  SOAPAction: ""\r\n

The service in question is happy with the first but throws an exception with
the second.  Maybe no SOAPAction header would be preferable to an empty one,
and maybe it's a bug that the right one isn't generated by the
WSIFDynamicProvider for Apache Axis?  Should I submit a bug report?

My version of wsif-1.2 dates from 9/4/2002.

Jeff