Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Raju Bairishetti <ra...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/18 01:03:23 UTC

How to run hive queries in async mode using spark sql

I am using spark sql for running hive queries also. Is there any way to run
hive queries in asyc mode using spark sql.

Does it return any hive handle or if yes how to get the results from hive
handle using spark sql?

Raju Bairishetti,

www.lazada.com

Re: How to run hive queries in async mode using spark sql

Posted by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com>.
fine give me an example where you have tried to turn on async for the query
using spark sql. Your actual code.

HTH

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com

Posted by Raju Bairishetti <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mich,

Posted by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Raju Bairishetti <ra...@gmail.com>.
Any thoughts on this?

wrote:

> I am using spark sql for running hive queries also. Is there any way to
> run hive queries in asyc mode using spark sql.
>
> Does it return any hive handle or if yes how to get the results from hive
> handle using spark sql?

> Raju Bairishetti,
>
> www.lazada.com

Raju Bairishetti,