Posted to users@maven.apache.org by an...@orange-ftgroup.com on 2008/05/05 16:00:11 UTC

Site staging versus "local deploy"

Hi everybody,

There are several issues concerning staging reported in jira. Roman
Kitko suggested a workaround that I find very usefull
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-275 . Now, when I want to test a
site prior to deployment, I never try to use staging, but rather this
suggested method that I would call "local deploy".
The method consists in the following :
The distributionManagement in the parent pom descriptor refers to a
property (say, site.deployment.url)
When I want to "stage" the site, I just type mvn site:deploy
-Dsite.deployment.url=file:pathToMyStagingDirectory

I would like to know to what extent staging a site is supposed to be
have a different result from this "local deploy" method.

Anne

Re: Site staging versus "local deploy"

Posted by Rémy Sanlaville <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I am also interested to know what is the good practice for this.

I normally use the staging method but I wonder if it's not better to use the
local deploy workaround.
What the pre/cons to use the staging or local deploy method ?

Rémy