Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Alchemist <al...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/12 22:14:28 UTC

How to Configure Standby Master on EMR

We are doing POC to evaluate HBase in front of S3 in EMR. Everything looks good but we came to know from Amazon site that Master node recovery is not supported (https://aws.amazon.com/emr/faqs/). I know that HA is supported by Cloudera, Hortonworks etc.Since Hbase is opensource I want to know if there is anyway I can manually configure standby master node and use Apache ZooKeeper to perform leader election.If the active Master fails, a stand-by will take its place. If yes what are the manual settings do I need to perform.