Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2005/06/23 23:33:47 UTC

configuration files [WAS Re: [PROPOSAL] subproject that's a home for bricks reusable in java web applications]

On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 14:40 -0700, Phil Steitz wrote:

> 9 or somewhere else should speak to J2EE or other external config
> requirments, which should be fine, even encouraged in some cases

is 9 needed? are any configuration guidelines needed?

if they are then i agree that they should encourage specification
compliance. would a general statement about specification compliance be
better?

- robert

Re: configuration files [WAS Re: [PROPOSAL] subproject that's a home for bricks reusable in java web applications]

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@steitz.com>.
Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> robert burrell donkin wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 14:40 -0700, Phil Steitz wrote:
>>
>>> 9 or somewhere else should speak to J2EE or other external config
>>> requirments, which should be fine, even encouraged in some cases
>>

>> is 9 needed? are any configuration guidelines needed?
>>
>> if they are then i agree that they should encourage specification
>> compliance. would a general statement about specification compliance be
>> better?
>

> Its not needed. The charter should be as simple as possible.

+1 -- after thinking about it some more, I don't think it is wise to
limit things or to reference J2EE or other specs in the charter.

Phil

Re: configuration files [WAS Re: [PROPOSAL] subproject that's a home for bricks reusable in java web applications]

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
robert burrell donkin wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 14:40 -0700, Phil Steitz wrote:
>
>>9 or somewhere else should speak to J2EE or other external config
>>requirments, which should be fine, even encouraged in some cases
>

> is 9 needed? are any configuration guidelines needed?
>
> if they are then i agree that they should encourage specification
> compliance. would a general statement about specification compliance be
> better?

Its not needed. The charter should be as simple as possible.

Stephen