Posted to mirrors@apache.org by Simon Valiquette <v....@ieee.org> on 2004/12/09 22:53:56 UTC

Re: [gulus-miroir] Re: Use of mirrors@apache.org...

jason andrade a écrit :
> On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Astharot wrote:
>
>> I agree with Peter. There should be a separate list about new
>> submissions... see other link requests are useless, imho.
>

> the convention on other mirror lists has been for something like:
>
> mirrors-announce@apache.org - restricted posting (e.g only by the apache
> mirror maintainers and core/developers).  very low volume, only informational
> posts (e.g new releases)
>
> mirrors@apache.org - discussion list for mirror admins

   Just getting the new mirrors, mirror X unavailable for the next few
days and such requests off this list should already be enought for now,
in my opinion.

   I think that putting 2 lists is too much for now, because there is
only very few discussions anyway.  If after all we see that there is
effectivelly a need for another list, nothing will prevent us from
creating it later.

Simon Valiquette
http://gulus.USherbrooke.ca
http://www.gulus.org