Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Richard Metzler <rm...@googlemail.com> on 2010/11/03 01:57:59 UTC

Privacy Features in CouchDB

Hi,

currently I'm evaluating to use CouchDB for a new project. The project has
strong privacy requirements such as certain ressources should be viewable by
exactly 2 users and all admins.

Is this possible to implement?

Re: Privacy Features in CouchDB

Posted by Zachary Zolton <za...@gmail.com>.
Richard,

The easiest way to do this would be to keep your sets of data, needing
different permissions, in separate databases. After creating each
database, you'll need to set the "readers" list in the _security
object to include the two users who can view that data.

Next for the admins, come up with a name for their role (i.e.
SYSTEM_NAME-admin) and add it to the "roles" array in each of their
user docs. Then add make sure you add that role name to the _security
object for each database you create as well.

Here's a pretty good overview:
http://blog.couchone.com/post/1027100082/whats-new-in-couchdb-1-0-part-4-securityn-stuff

Cheers,

Zach