Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Janardhan Mallela <jm...@zetainteractive.com> on 2011/12/13 14:50:30 UTC

Unable to connect to Derby 10.8.2.2 with IBM DB2 v 9.7 Data Client

Hi,

My need is to connect to Derby through PHP. I am unable to connect to Derby
10.8.2.2 with IBM DB2 v 9.7 Data Client using PHP. But I am able to connect
to Derby 10.4.2.2 with same IBM DB 2 connector.  Following is the error I am
getting. Let me know, if anyone got this problem. It would be helpful to me,
if any workaround provided.

At Derby:

org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAProtocolException: Execution failed because
of a Distributed Protocol Error:  DRDA_Proto_PRCCNVRM; CODPNT arg  = 106e;
Error Code Value = 12

        at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.rdbnamMismatch(Unknown
Source)

        at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.parseSECCHK(Unknown
Source)

        at
org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.parseDRDAConnection(Unknown
Source)

        at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.processCommands(Unknown
Source)

       at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.run(Unknown Source)

At IBM DB2 Client:

SQLSTATE[08001] SQLDriverConnect: -30020 [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL30020N
Execution of the command or SQL statement failed because of a syntax error
in the communication data stream that will affect the successful execution
of subsequent commands and SQL statements:  Reason Code "0x1245"("0212")"".
SQLSTATE=58009

Regards,

Janardhan Mallela | Tech Lead

zetainteractive

Elite Plaza, Somajiguda, Hyderabad, AP 500082

T +91 40 40309000 |Ext-247

www.zetainteractive.com

Follow Zeta Interactive:

 <http://blog.zetainteractive.com/> blog_24x24
<http://www.facebook.com/ZetaInteractive> facebook_24x24
<http://twitter.com/zetainteractive> twitter_24x24
<http://www.linkedin.com/companies/18763> linkedin_24x24

Zeta_EmailQRCode

Re: Unable to connect to Derby 10.8.2.2 with IBM DB2 v 9.7 Data Client

Posted by "Dag H. Wanvik" <da...@oracle.com>.
Janardhan Mallela <jm...@zetainteractive.com> writes:

> Hi,
>

> My need is to connect to Derby through PHP. I am unable to connect to Derby
> 10.8.2.2 with IBM DB2 v 9.7 Data Client using PHP. But I am able to connect
> to Derby 10.4.2.2 with same IBM DB 2 connector.  Following is the error I am
> getting. Let me know, if anyone got this problem. It would be helpful to me,
> if any workaround provided.

Derby 10.8 (it's been this way for some time) only supports the Derby
client driver, so you are out of luck if you need to use the newer Derby
drivers, I'm afraid.

Thanks,
Dag

Posted by Mike Matrigali <mi...@sbcglobal.net>.
Derby does not support connecting to it using any client other than the
client supplied by the project.  There are a number of derby specific
extensions made that are employed between the client and server and
generic db2 client code should not be used.

I don't know of a PHP solution for Derby, thought you might look around
to see if anyone provides a generic PHP to jdbc piece that could then
be used to talk standard jdbc to Derby.

Even in the older versions one might be able to connect only to run into
other problems later.

/mikem