Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Sergej Zagursky <gv...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/22 05:57:40 UTC

Command-line client checkout crash

Hi!
I have a command-line client crash during checkout on Windows Server 2003
SP1.

The command line I've used to reproduce crash is: svn.exe checkout
--no-auth-cache --username "sybra" --password "xxxx"
http://hive/warfare/branches/dev d:\1243

Details:
Client version: 1.4.2
Server version: 1.4.2 (Windows Server 2003 SP1)
Apache version: 2.0.58
Apache error.log contains:
[Tue Nov 21 13:45:46 2006] [error] [client aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd] Provider
encountered an error while streaming a REPORT response.  [500, #0]
[Tue Nov 21 13:45:46 2006] [error] [client aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd] A failure
occurred while driving the update report editor  [500, #190004]
svn.exe minidump: http://vivsoftware.com/gvozdoder/svn_crash_dump.dmp

Same client running on Windows XP seems to behave well.
TortoiseSVN 1.4.1 seems to behave well on all Windows versions.

Thanks.

Re: Command-line client checkout crash

Posted by "D.J. Heap" <dj...@gmail.com>.
On 11/23/06, D.J. Heap <dj...@gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]

> Unfortunately, this crash has been reported several times already and
> dumps haven't been helpful enough to track it down.  Can you perhaps
> narrow it down to a subset of data that will recreate it and make that
> available for debugging against?  Or do some debugging yourself, if
> you are able?

Using a working copy and recipe posted by another user (see
http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2006-11/0542.shtml), I was able to
reproduce this crash and fix it.  Hopefully it will be approved and
included in the next release.

Thanks!

DJ

Re: Command-line client checkout crash

Posted by "D.J. Heap" <dj...@gmail.com>.
[snip]

Posted by Sergej Zagursky <gv...@gmail.com>.
Apache httpd.conf entry is:
<Location /warfare>
  DAV svn
  SVNPath d:\prj\warfare

  AuthzSVNAccessFile d:\svn-admin\rights\prj-warfare.access
  Require valid-user

  AuthType Basic
  AuthName "Warfare version repository"
  AuthUserFile d:\svn-admin\repos.passwd