Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/27 16:33:16 UTC

v3.2.2 build failure on ASF Jenkins

configure reports:

checking for curl-config... /usr/bin/curl-config
checking curl/curl.h usability... yes
checking curl/curl.h presence... yes
checking for curl/curl.h... yes
checking for curl_multi_init in -lcurl... yes
checking for socket in -lsocket... no
checking for gethostbyname in -lnsl... yes
checking whether we can support the libcurl-based NetAccessor... yes
checking whether we can support the sockets-based NetAccessor... yes
checking for which NetAccessor to use (choices: -curl- -socket-)... curl

but the compile fails at:

CXX      xercesc/util/NetAccessors/Curl/CurlNetAccessor.lo
In file included from xercesc/util/NetAccessors/Curl/CurlNetAccessor.cpp:26:0:
./xercesc/util/NetAccessors/Curl/CurlURLInputStream.hpp:25:10: fatal
error: curl/curl.h: No such file or directory
 #include <curl/curl.h>
          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~

The full console log is at ...
https://builds.apache.org/view/All/job/UIMA-CPP-SDK/32/console

Any idea why this would happen? Thanks,

Eddie

Re: v3.2.2 build failure on ASF Jenkins

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.
Sorry not to get back on this sooner. Not easy debugging on slave machine
so didn't do that. I worked around the problem using
--enable-netaccessor-socket as a configure option.

Thanks for your reply,
Eddie

Posted by Roger Leigh <rl...@codelibre.net>.
Hi Eddie,