Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by lu...@uol.com.br on 2005/04/09 02:20:28 UTC

Image and Video Search

Hi,

 Do you have any documentation about indexing/parsing image and video files?
 Like Google/Yahho image search - Yahoo Video search?

Thanks!
Marco

Re: [Nutch-dev] Re: Image and Video Search

Posted by Hasan Diwan <ha...@gmail.com>.
On Apr 10, 2005 6:24 AM, Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com> wrote:
> Feel free to contribute such plugins, it isn't difficult to write.

I am working on a plugin to index Jpeg metadata. Contact me off-list
if you'd like to help.
--
Cheers,
Hasan Diwan <ha...@gmail.com>

Re: Image and Video Search

Posted by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com>.
Nutch does not support image or video search yet, but there was a mp3
parser plugin.
Check this plugin code and then you can think about writing a own image
or video parser plugin.
You can index meta data you can extract from images or videos and
anchor and meta information from the html page as well.

Feel free to contribute such plugins, it isn't difficult to write.

HTH
Stefan

company:		http://www.media-style.com
forum:		http://www.text-mining.org