Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Eric Baldeschwieler <er...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2008/02/21 07:26:23 UTC

Add your project or company to the powered by page?

Hi Folks,

Let's get the word out that Hadoop is being used and is useful in
your organizations, ok?  Please add yourselves to the Hadoop powered
by page, or reply to this email with what details you would like to
add and I'll do it.

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/PoweredBy

Thanks!

E14

---
eric14 a.k.a. Eric Baldeschwieler
senior director, grid computing
Yahoo!  Inc.

Re: Add your project or company to the powered by page?

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
I added this to the wiki.

Doug

Posted by Jimmy Lin <ji...@umd.edu>.
University of Maryland

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
Dennis Kubes wrote:
>  * [http://alpha.search.wikia.com Search Wikia]
>   * A project to help develop open source social search tools.  We run a
> 125 node hadoop cluster.

Done.

Doug

Re: Add your project or company to the powered by page?

Posted by Dennis Kubes <ku...@apache.org>.

Posted by Derek Gottfrid <dg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@yahoo-inc.com>.
On 2/21/08 11:34 AM, "Jeff Hammerbacher" <je...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> yeah, i've heard those facebook groups can be a great way to get the word
> out...
>
> anyways, just got approval yesterday for a 320 node cluster.  each node has
> 8 cores and 4 TB of raw storage so this guy is gonna be pretty powerful.
> can we claim largest cluster outside of yahoo?

    I guess it depends upon how you define "outside".

   *Technically*, M45 is outside of a Yahoo! building, given that it is in
one of those shipping-container-data-center-thingies ...

Re: Add your project or company to the powered by page?

Posted by Jeff Hammerbacher <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paco NATHAN <ce...@gmail.com>.

Posted by SongJing Zhang <zh...@gmail.com>.
Koubei.com /  http://www.koubei.com/

-Large local comminuty and local search at China.

Using hadoop to process apache log, anilyzing user's action and click
flow and the links click with any specified page in site and more...

Using hadoop to process whole price data user input with map/reduce:
http://hangzhou.koubei.com/fang/priceindex/listsellgardenprice.html?city=2595
Result example:
http://hangzhou.koubei.com/fang/priceindex/show_sell_priceindex_map.html?city=2595&gardenName=%CA%C0%BC%CD%D0%C2%B3%C7

Anyway, Thanks for hadoop comminuty make those wonderful project. And
Thanks Yahoo!.

Posted by Eric Baldeschwieler <er...@yahoo-inc.com>.
done

Posted by Miles Osborne <mi...@inf.ed.ac.uk>.

--
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland,

Posted by Eric Baldeschwieler <er...@yahoo-inc.com>.
done

Posted by André Martin <ma...@andremartin.de>.
Hi Eric,