Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org> on 2002/10/26 14:48:58 UTC

Re: [Juglist] Workflow Engine

The Speaker was our own bobby woolfe.

I also know the Avalon community (jakarta.apache.org/avalon) has been
talking about this.  I odn't know if they have a solution yet, but I
woud suggest asking on the avalon-dev list.  I'm ccing it.  Perhaps
you'll get a response.

-Andy

Re: [Juglist] Workflow Engine

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.
Andrew:

I've been working in this area for a while now.  You may want to take a
look at (or forward) the following publication - its basically a
specification of a business model for process centric component
management - focussing mainly on the issue of coordination/orchistrating
cross enterprise synchrnonization of process interaction. The
specifications were adopted by the OMG as an available specification
(Community and Collaboration Services) last year and published by the
OMG earlier this year - so everything is usable.

  http://www.osm.net/people/mcconnell/resources/dpa-11b.pdf

While the document focusses on the interfaces exposed at the execution
and meta layers, a lot of the actuall service management content in
being pushed progressively into the Merlin 2 product (refer
jakarta-avalon-excalibur/assembly).

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell

OSM SARL
digital products for a global economy
mailto:mcconnell@osm.net
http://www.osm.net

Re: [Juglist] Workflow Engine

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Oct 26, 2002 at 08:48:58AM -0400, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> The Speaker was our own bobby woolfe.
>
> I also know the Avalon community (jakarta.apache.org/avalon) has been
> talking about this.  I odn't know if they have a solution yet, but I
> woud suggest asking on the avalon-dev list.  I'm ccing it.  Perhaps
> you'll get a response.

Perhaps the projects here are appropriate:

http://www.werken.com/

If so, Bob McWhirter is the person to talk to.

--Jeff