Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Andrew Otto <ot...@wikimedia.org> on 2013/08/23 22:15:21 UTC

Kafka git branches

Hi all,

I'm building packages for testing 0.8.  Which branch should I base my builds off of?

- 0.8
- 0.8.0-beta1-candidate1
- trunk

?

Thanks!
-Andrew Otto

Re: Kafka git branches

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.
0.8 has some critical fixes that we discovered on 0.8.0-beta1-candidate1.
But note that every revision of 0.8 might not be completely stable until we
have 0.8.0-final release. trunk is a somewhat big change compared to 0.8
and all system tests don't pass on trunk yet.

>From a pure stability standpoint, I would imagine 0.8 would work fine.

Thanks,
Neha

Re: Kafka git branches

Posted by Andrew Otto <ot...@wikimedia.org>.
Great, thanks.  I'll build against 0.8 for now then.

Re: Kafka git branches

Posted by Joe Stein <cr...@gmail.com>.