Posted to doc@openoffice.apache.org by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net> on 2022/07/08 17:05:08 UTC

Re[2]: Need help with correcting these errors

On 2022-07-08 at 10:27, Dick Groskamp <th...@quicknet.nl> wrote:
>Op 7-7-2022 om 19:58 schreef Keith N. McKenna:
>> F Campos Costero wrote:

>Keith,
>
>I think I fixed a lot of the issues already (as well as some others I
>encountered)
>
>I'm happy to put my fixed files somewhere on GitHub sothat everyone can
>use them or have a look at them.
>
>That way we should have a fixed point to go forwards from
>
>For now I'm starting to work on the x-ref errors  (all errors before
>that from Jeans mail should have been fixed I think)
>
>--
>DiGro
>___________________________
>Apache OpenOffice 4.1.12 (Dutch) and scanned with Ziggo Safe Online
(F-Secure)

Dick;

Putting them on GitHub would be great. The best place I believe would be to
put them in the Review folder for Getting Started. That way we know they are
to be reviewed and then moved to the top level folder.

Just a question for you. Why individual mails to each of us rather than a
replt to doc@? That is the reason for the list so that all communications
relevant to documentation is in one place. I know there are others that follow
doc@.

Regards
Keith

Re: Need help with correcting these errors

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
Jean Weber wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 9, 2022 at 3:05 AM Keith N. McKenna
> <ke...@comcast.net> wrote:

>>> Keith,
>>>
>>> I think I fixed a lot of the issues already (as well as some others I
>>> encountered)
>>>
>>> I'm happy to put my fixed files somewhere on GitHub sothat everyone can
>>> use them or have a look at them.
>>>
>>> That way we should have a fixed point to go forwards from
>>>
>>> For now I'm starting to work on the x-ref errors  (all errors before
>>> that from Jeans mail should have been fixed I think)
>>>
>>> --
>>> DiGro
>>> ___________________________
>>> Apache OpenOffice 4.1.12 (Dutch) and scanned with Ziggo Safe Online
>> (F-Secure)
>>
>> Dick;
>>
>> Putting them on GitHub would be great. The best place I believe would be to
>> put them in the Review folder for Getting Started. That way we know they are
>> to be reviewed and then moved to the top level folder.
>>
> [...]
>> Regards
>> Keith
>
> Don’t forget, the list I sent was only a sample of problems in the
> files. There are many others similar to those. The Base chapter, in
> particular, has many figures incorrectly anchored and extra blank
> paragraphs.
>
> Jean

Thanks for the reminder Jean. We will go through the chapters again with
a fine tooth comb.

@digro, when you went through the chapters did you also look for any
additional problems?

Thanks
Keith

Re: Re[2]: Need help with correcting these errors

Posted by Jean Weber <je...@gmail.com>.