Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Yan Ji <ya...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/12 04:06:55 UTC

What the impact of removing module "xpdf"

When I check the IP Clearance impact in https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/IP_Clearance+Impact. I saw the impact of removing module "xpdf" is import. But the pdf cannot be opened in OpenOffice. So the remove will have no more impact? such as  export?

Re: What the impact of removing module "xpdf"

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@openoffice.org>.
Yan Ji wrote:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/IP_Clearance+Impact.
> I saw the impact of removing module "xpdf" is import. But the pdf
> cannot be opened in OpenOffice.

I had noticed it too. Some of the components listed there were actually
packaged as extensions and only available as separate downloads, so
there is no loss of functionality in the shipped binaries. This should
be true of both the PDF Import and MySQL Connector extensions.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: What the impact of removing module "xpdf"

Posted by Herbert Duerr <hd...@apache.org>.
On 12.12.2011 04:06, Yan Ji wrote:
> When I check the IP Clearance impact in https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/IP_Clearance+Impact. I saw the impact of removing module "xpdf" is import. But the pdf cannot be opened in OpenOffice. So the remove will have no more impact? such as  export?

No need to worry, the PDF export will be not affected.

There was an extension named pdfimport that allowed to import a PDF into
Draw: http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/pdfimport As the
wiki page on the ip-clearance impact says, the change means that this
extension will not be part of a binary release.

Herbert

Re: What the impact of removing module "xpdf"

Posted by Herbert Duerr <hd...@apache.org>.
On 12.12.2011 04:06, Yan Ji wrote:
> When I check the IP Clearance impact in https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/IP_Clearance+Impact. I saw the impact of removing module "xpdf" is import. But the pdf cannot be opened in OpenOffice. So the remove will have no more impact? such as  export?

No need to worry, the export will be not affected.

There was an extension named pdfimport
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/pdfimport
that allowed to import a PDF into Draw. As the wiki page says, the