Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "Walter ............." <hu...@yahoo.com.br.INVALID> on 2021/05/18 22:36:02 UTC

Recent version update

Goodnight.

I live in Brazil and every time I am going to update Open Office to the latest version, I have enormous difficulty because the way to update this program is totally different from all other text editors.

The latest version, for example, my notebook is not accepting. For some reason he refuses it.

I cannot uninstall and re-install Open Office every time an update occurs as I may lose important documents.

In this way, I ask you to send me the tutorial or full explanation of how to update this program to the latest version.

I intend to save this reply with a message for this and for future updates.

I await urgent information.

Thanks!

Walter

Re: Recent version update

Posted by JD <jd...@gmail.com>.
I have reverted to the latest version 9 due to issues I am having.
They could be my mistakes, but I do nothave time
to find out in order to elaborate.

Re: Recent version update

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <ma...@groenescheij.com.INVALID>.

Re: Recent version update

Posted by David Robley <da...@robley.net.au>.
You failed to mention which operating system you use so I'll simply
direct you to the common installation instructions for Apache OpenOffice
- which are linked from the download page.

https://www.openoffice.org/download/common/instructions.html

If you have a specific problem, include your OS and version and describe
exactly what happens, including any error messages.

As a courtesy I have forwarded a copy of this reply to you as well as to
the mailing list. Do Not reply to me personally but just to the list at
<us...@openoffice.apache.org> - replies to my personal email address
will be ignored.

On 19/5/21 8:06 am, Walter ............. wrote:
> Goodnight.
>
> I live in Brazil and every time I am going to update Open Office to the latest version, I have enormous difficulty because the way to update this program is totally different from all other text editors.
>
> The latest version, for example, my notebook is not accepting. For some reason he refuses it.
>
> I cannot uninstall and re-install Open Office every time an update occurs as I may lose important documents.
>
> In this way, I ask you to send me the tutorial or full explanation of how to update this program to the latest version.
>
> I intend to save this reply with a message for this and for future updates.
>
> I await urgent information.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Walter

Cheers