Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Enrico Teotti <en...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/06 05:07:50 UTC

stomp and message expiration

Hi,
I am doing some tests with a standalone activemq broker and STOMP via telnet.

I set up a producer and consumer and everything works fine. But when I send:

SEND
destination:/queue/FOO.BAR
expires:20000

expires in 20s
^@

the consumer doesn't receive it, instead (checking with jconsole) the
message goes in the DeadLetterQueue.

When I (don't know why) tried:

SEND
destination:/queue/FOO.BAR
expires:2000000000000

it was a big surprise for me to see the message received by the consumer :-)
Isn't the expires value in the producer's message header supposed to
be in milliseconds?

Thanks,
Enrico

--
Enrico Teotti
IT consultant, accessible web sites and web applications

http://www.teotti.com

Re: stomp and message expiration

Posted by Enrico Teotti <en...@gmail.com>.
I've found the answer:
http://markmail.org/message/fvef2ur5dim6vjkx
"The expires property should be set to the time of expiration (in
millis) instead of the span to now. "

So in my tests I am going to add some milliseconds to
System.currentTimeMillis().
Cheers,
Enrico