Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2005/03/31 20:19:56 UTC

[Struts Wiki] Update of "StrutsUniversity" by TedHusted

Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by TedHusted:
http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsUniversity

New page:
Downloads:
* http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=49385&package_id=74701&release_id=316854

Struts University 2

Several presentations regarding Struts and Struts-related technologies are available at the Struts SourceForge site.

These are the usual slide-only presentations without speaker notes, but may be of interest if you need to give one of your own.:) Please feel free to fold, mutilate, or spindle.

My personal favorite is Struts Milehigh. Though, I imagine the Struts Practices slides might cause a stir ...

The slides are provided in PDF and SXI (OpenOffice) format. The presentations are available individually in either format, or in ZIPs of all the PDF files or all the SXI files.

* Hibernate 101 - Simple applications are simple to build. But most of our projects are complex, not simple. Hibernate is a tool that helps you go beyond the basics and manage the complex.

* iBATIS Petstore - Struts has always shipped with a simple example application. But for many teams, MailReader is a bit too simple. iBATIS Petstore uses an architecture that hooks Struts up to Apache iBATIS for data access. Let's have a look ...

* JUnit Jumpstart - Writing simple tests by hand; Writing better tests with JUnit; Installing JUnit and running tests

* Mailreader for Commons Chain - Commons Chain is breathing new life and flexibility into the Struts Request Processor. But how can you use it in your own applications?

* Spring 101 - Refactoring with Spring; Inside Spring

* Struts by Design - The popularity of Struts implies that it's doing something right. But, how well is Struts designed? Can we apply the same design principals in our own applications?

* Struts Milehigh View - A framework like Struts can be hard to explain in only words or only pictures. This session is a milehigh view of the Struts lifecycle, mostly in pictures, with a few words added for clarity.

* Struts Best Practices - Struts is a flexible and forgiving framework and works well even when you use it wrong. Here are few practices designed to help keep your application on the “straight and narrow”.

* Struts Roadmap (Oct 2004) - Struts is the de facto standard framework for Java web applications, but where did it come from, and where is it going? And what about the many alternatives, like Tapestry, WebWork, and JavaServer Faces? Are they different than Struts? Are theybetter?

* Don't Panic: Struts Testcase - Learn how to unit test Struts components.

* Test your View with Webtest Canoo - Canoo WebTest is a popular tool for testing the V in MVC. But what does it actually do? How does it fit into an overall testing strategy?

* Canoo Webtest Jumpstart - Layering your application means layering your tests to match. Let's see how you can use Canoo WebTest to test the V in MVC.

Downloads:
* http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=49385&package_id=74701&release_id=316854

- Ted Husted.