Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Robert Sandoval <rs...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/17 19:53:13 UTC

javascript calls to a remote jvm for a wicket component

Hi, sorry I'm new to wicket and was wondering if the following is possible.

I am stuck with putting up a webapp on IIS and I am only able to use
HTML/javascript.  We were planning on implementing services in JBoss and
creating restfull services to send data to the front end. I don't really
want to build the front end in IIS because we don't have control over the
box. Updating it will be a time consuming process.

I wanted to know if we could have the javascript call a Wicket Component (to
display...say a Panel) with all that I care about. This would keep the web
page pretty much static while we could change the content on the JBoss end.
I have been playing around with wicketAjaxGet that is provided in
wicket-ajax.js but haven't been able to get it to work.

Has anyone done anything similar? If not I am open to suggestions.
If someone knows how to do this and can provide a small example that would
be great.

Re: javascript calls to a remote jvm for a wicket component

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
You could try to use a [i]frame on IIS and a single page (panel
replacement/ajax) solution?

Martijn

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 7:53 PM, Robert Sandoval
<rs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, sorry I'm new to wicket and was wondering if the following is possible.
>
> I am stuck with putting up a webapp on IIS and I am only able to use
> HTML/javascript.  We were planning on implementing services in JBoss and
> creating restfull services to send data to the front end. I don't really
> want to build the front end in IIS because we don't have control over the
> box. Updating it will be a time consuming process.
>
> I wanted to know if we could have the javascript call a Wicket Component (to
> display...say a Panel) with all that I care about. This would keep the web
> page pretty much static while we could change the content on the JBoss end.
> I have been playing around with wicketAjaxGet that is provided in
> wicket-ajax.js but haven't been able to get it to work.
>
> Has anyone done anything similar? If not I am open to suggestions.
> If someone knows how to do this and can provide a small example that would
> be great.

Apache Wicket 1.4 increases type safety for web applications
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.4.4