Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com> on 2014/12/04 18:56:35 UTC

Shall we rename stratosmetadataservice web app

Hi All,

Similar to we rename Stratos => "api',  shall we rename stratomedataservice
=> metaapi/metadataapi
--

Udara Liyanage
Software Engineer

web: http://udaraliyanage.wordpress.com
phone: +94 71 443 6897

Re: Shall we rename stratosmetadataservice web app

Posted by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>.
On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 10:33 AM, Gayan Gunarathne <ga...@wso2.com> wrote:

> IMO if we use metaapi/metadataapi , it will be too long and also don't
> see any usage of maintain the two levels in the URL.
>
> Can't we use only metadataapi or metadataservice?

I meant metaapi or  metadataapi, not metaapi/metadataapi. Sorry for my
wording.

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
+1 A good suggestion Mari!

--
Imesh Gunaratne

Technical Lead, WSO2
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos

Re: Shall we rename stratosmetadataservice web app

Posted by Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Mariangela Hills <ma...@wso2.com>.
As metadata is one word [1], how about using the following:

/metadata/api

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metadata

Regards,
Mariangela

*--*
Mariangela Hills
Senior Technical Writer

*WSO2, Inc.*lean.enterprise.middleware.
w: http://wso2.com
<http://wso2.com/events/>

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Shall we use /meta-data/api

Posted by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Shiroshica Kulatilake <sh...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Gayan Gunarathne <ga...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Shiroshica Kulatilake <sh...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Gayan Gunarathne <ga...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.
Just realized that you are referring to the context not the web app name.

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.
Why not meta-data-service?

Posted by Dakshika Jayathilaka <da...@wso2.com>.
+1