Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by Omri Suissa <om...@diffdoof.com> on 2012/08/07 13:45:13 UTC

Unknown number of fields in a document

Hi all,
We would like to add unknown number of fields to a document and later to
search on these fields; can we perform this task using lucene.net?
For example:

The doc will have the following fields:
Title,
Content,
Type,
Text1,
Text2,
…
TextN,
Number1,
Number2,
…
NumberN.

When we search we want to search on the content and the Number1…N and the
Text1…N fields.
Each document has different number of fields.

This task is different from creating one field that contains list of
values because we also want to search only Number7 and Text4 in some cases.

Thanks,
Omri

 *  Omri Suissa                  *

*  **VP R&D*

* *

*  Tel:    +972 9 7724228                         **DiffDoof .ltd**
*

*  Cell:   +972 54 5395206                       **11, Galgaley Haplada
Street, *

*  **Fax:   +972 9 9512577**                         P.O.Box 2150***

*  **www.DiffDoof.com* <http://www.DiffDoof.com>*
**Herzlia Pituach 46120, Israel***

Re: Unknown number of fields in a document

Posted by Simon Svensson <si...@devhost.se>.
Yes, this is fully supported.