Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Puppala, Kumar (LNG-DAY)" <ku...@lexisnexis.com> on 2005/02/03 16:19:00 UTC

Page Sequence Master

I have a page sequence master defined as shown below:
<fo:page-sequence-master master-name="my-sequence" >
 <fo:single-page-master-reference master-reference="first-body-page"/>
 <fo:repeatable-page-master-reference master-reference="middle-body-pages"/>
</fo:page-sequence-master>

This sequence holds good for each individual document in my application. But
there are times when I need to generate multiple documents within a job and
so I use this sequence repeatedly and it works fine. The only problem is
that each time a new document is generated, it starts on a new page (since
we are starting a new sequence for this document). I am looking at some
option to control this. In some cases I want each individual document to
start on a new page but in other cases I would like my next document to
start off on the remaining empty page left out by my previous document.
Going with one big sequence containing all the documents might work but it
will be a performance issue as our documents can get real big. Any help to
solve this problem is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kumar Puppala