Posted to user@juddi.apache.org by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/04 01:08:40 UTC

Re: Create user-defined category

My guess is that Tom is asking how to define a new categorization
scheme -- for example, a way to indicate whether a service's status:
development, test, or production.

This document describes how to define a new taxonomy in UDDI v2:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/uddi-spec/doc/tn/uddi-spec-tc-tn-taxonomy-provider-v100-20010717.htm

To summarize:
You must define a new tModel and specify that the type of tModel is a
categorization. e.g., add this keyed reference to the tModel's
ctaegoryBag:

 <keyedReference
        tModelKey="uuid:C1ACF26D-9672-4404-9D70-39B756E62AB4"
        keyName="uddi-org:types"
        keyValue="categorization"/>

You can also indicate whether the values specified for the taxonomy
are checked or unchecked:

 <keyedReference
        tModelKey="uuid:C1ACF26D-9672-4404-9D70-39B756E62AB4"
        keyName="uddi-org:types"
        keyValue="checked"/>

The paper tells you how to build a validation routine to check the values.

After you have created the tModel, you can then use it in in a keyed
reference to add it other category bags to specify properties to other
entities.

Anne