Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Kari M. Scott" <km...@pandora.binc.net> on 2000/02/07 19:39:16 UTC

Installing Cocoon

I'm trying to use Cocoon 1.6.1 on Red Hat 6.0 with ApacheJServ 1.1b3.
When I try to serve the sample xml page, however, I receive the following
Cocoon error:

Publishing Engine could not be initialized.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error creating
org.apache.cocoon.transformer.XalanTransformer: make sure the needed
classes can be found in the classpath
(org/apache/xalan/xpath/xml/XMLParserLiaisonDefault)

I have the following line in my jserv.properties file:
wrapper.classpath=/usr/local/src/Cocoon-1.6.1/bin/Cocoon.jar
and when I jar -tvf this file I can see:
org/apache/cocoon/transformer/XalanTransformer.class

I've triple-checked the path, and this is indeed where I've installed the
Cocoon.jar file.

I'm sure there are probably a dozen more things that could be wrong, but
I've exhausted all my ideas and the log files are not very helpful.  Any

Kari

Kari M. Scott
Berbee
5520 Research Park Drive