Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Christian Mouttet <ch...@keller-verlag.de> on 2004/07/29 10:48:01 UTC

Maven shared via Samba-Share

Hi,

i recently updated our Maven installation from 1.0-rc1 to 1.0 final. The
installation directory lives on a Linux box and is shared via NFS and
Samba. Working with Linux everything is o.k. but running Maven on a
Windows machine shows me the following error message:

-%<--
 __  __
|  \/  |__ _Apache__ ___
| |\/| / _` \ V / -_) ' \  ~ intelligent projects ~
|_|  |_\__,_|\_/\___|_||_|  v. 1.0

org.apache.maven.MavenException: Maven was badly installed. Please
reinstall it.
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginManager.initialize(PluginManager.java:240)
        at
org.apache.maven.MavenSession.initializePluginManager(MavenSession.java:207)
        at
org.apache.maven.MavenSession.initialize(MavenSession.java:174)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.App.doMain(App.java:473)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.App.main(App.java:1215)
        at
        at
        at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.run(Forehead.java:551)
        at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.main(Forehead.java:581)

You have encountered an unknown error running Maven. Please help us to
correct
this problem by following these simple steps:
- read the Maven FAQ at http://maven.apache.org/faq.html
- run the same command again with the '-e' parameter, eg maven -e jar
- search the maven-user archives for the error at
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/SummarizeList?listName=users@maven.apache.org
- post the output of maven -e to JIRA at
http://jira.codehaus.org/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10030 (you must sign up
first)
- run 'maven --info' and post the output as the environment to the bug
above

Total time: 24 seconds
Finished at: Thu Jul 29 10:26:16 CEST 2004
-%<--

What is going wrong?

This is my smb.conf:
-%<--
[maven-1.0]
        path = /opt/maven-1.0
        guest ok = Yes
-%<--

Regards
-Christian

Re: Maven shared via Samba-Share

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
this error appears when the plugins directory is empty. The message
should be improved I think.